The custom-fit protective case for the Space Cam “Apeman” is a practical addition to ensure a perfect fit for the camera. The case can be easily inserted into any side of the Polystyrene probe, as well as the top or bottom, providing the camera with additional protection during high wind speeds and during landing.
The camera is subjected to extreme temperature conditions during the stratospheric flight. On one hand, the cold ambient air can lead to the technology getting too cold. The Polystyrene probe serves to protect against this. At the same time, in the absence of air circulation, the generated heat can cause the technology to overheat. To reduce this risk, the continuous air channels ensure that the camera’s generated heat is directed into the interior of the Polystyrene probe.
The Polystyrene probe can be fully prepared during the flight preparation, so that just before launch, only the camera needs to be inserted, which is then securely fixed using a safety pin. This also reduces the risk of accidentally pressing the camera’s record button and stopping the recording when installing the camera and sealing the Polystyrene probe. This may sound like a minor mistake, but it actually happens more often than you might think.
A protective plate covers the front of the Space Cam “Apeman”, providing the camera lens with a clear view “outside”. Unlike other protective cases, this prevents the lens from fogging up due to humidity.
The case is constructed with a grid structure and lightweight design, as is customary in space exploration, making it ideal for use in your own stratospheric mission.
- Custom-fit protective case for the Space Cam “Apeman”
- Easy installation into the Polystyrene probe
- Air channels for temperature regulation, reducing the risk of overheating, and directing heat into the interior of the probe
- Safety pin for securing the camera
- Unobstructed view of the display for monitoring recording status
- Lightweight construction
- Prevents camera lens fogging with a clear lens
- USB connection for battery pack to prevent disconnection
- Possible installation of up to 6 cameras per probe